SHAKTHI......

SHAKTHI......
நினைவுகள்

Friday, December 26, 2008

My Hospital Days


First time in my life,I have admitted in hospital . It was so fearful moments.

For lot of ppl, this was so silly because they used to do. Believe me, from my childhood I went to hospital only thrice . Rarely I used to take injection and pills. So I am the guy miles away from medicines.

Last week I enjoyed the typhoid very close to me. I was in fever merely 10 days. In the initial 4 days I thought it was just a fever. So I didn’t bother about that much and carried over my routine life. In addition I have made two weekend trips to tiruttani and cricket match in Chennai. By the way shewag entertained me well.In Tuesday I got my blood result. Wow. What a happy news. The doctor announced typhoid with all his teeth in front of me. He suggested to take me 5 days rest in his hospital. He assured that he will take care of medi claim and all.. Such a kindly businessman he was.

All my friends were busy in their office works. So just I went to home and admitted in family doctor’s nursing home. Even though they are pleaseful to me, I was so scared of needles. When they searched my veins for glucose drips, I was no more. Frozen in fear and pain.The time by time fear gone and pain increased. I cant even lift my left hand. Till that time, left hand was not much useful except some shit work. But that time only I felt the importance of that hand. The hospital was so silent and clean. I hate that atmosphere. I can’t even sleep as my wish with the needle inside my left hand. So painful moments. Really I was waiting for the moment to release me from that hell. Finally I begged doctor to leave me. He allowed me to go after 12 bottles. He said I was so tired . Damn shit. Ya I was tired. But I became too tired after his needles.

Even after reaching the home, there was lot of restrictions in food. Parents didn’t allow me to go outside. Somehow I managed to return to Chennai on next Tuesday. Once I reach the office the first question was why did you come. Good one la. After that only I realize, Christmas leave was waiting for me. Such a fool am.

Prevention is better than cure.—Good words .

Still I hate hospitals more.

No comments: